Stephanie Gelinas B.Ed. CDP
Resume & Professional Branding Specialist
Hi, I’m Stephanie and I am a Career Development Practitioner with more than five years of experience writing and revising resumes, cover letters, and LinkedIn profiles. I work with clients to develop documents that are not only accomplishment-based, but are also authentic to their career journey and speak to the value that they can bring to an employer.
I began my career as a teacher and worked in education for 4 years before transitioning to career development. I then worked primarily as a job coach, using my developed communication skills to provide one-on-one support and lead workshops on job search techniques such as resume writing and interviewing. I also designed workshops focused on helping jobseekers succeed in the digital landscape; these included applying online, creating an online brand, and digital networking. I have helped hundreds of clients gain meaningful employment by crafting targeted, personalized resumes and cover letters and coaching them through the job search process.
From there I moved into a job developer role, where I partnered with employers to support their hiring process. I helped craft job descriptions, used job search sites like Indeed and Zip Recruiter to filter candidates, participated in the interviewing process, and matched qualified candidates to open positions based on skill and experience. This insight into full cycle recruitment allowed me to better prepare my clients for success by using an employer’s lens to revise their self-marketing tools.
As your Resume Writer and Branding Specialist, I will work with you to understand your job search goals and identify your strengths and achievements. I will then put together polished, professional documents that will help to set you apart. I can’t wait to help showcase your skills!
How My Experience Can Help You
- I am a Career Development Practitioner who has written and revised hundreds of resumes and cover letters for clients in all stages of their career journey.
- I have a degree in Linguistics which helped me develop an eye for detail and a thorough understanding of grammar and semantics. This allows me to proofread your documents for those tricky errors that others may miss.
- My experience as a job developer has given me firsthand knowledge of what employers are looking for, and how they utilize job search engines and ATS systems to find their ideal candidates.
- I will use my knowledge of different resume styles, coupled with your job target and level of experience, to determine the format that shows your achievements and skills in the best light.
- I have highly developed communication and interviewing skills and will engage you in a storytelling process; from there I will be able to pull out the most relevant details, values and achievements to craft personalized, effective documents.
Background & Experience
Stephanie holds a Bachelor of Arts in Linguistics from Brock University, a Bachelor of Education from Ontario Tech University, and a Career Development Practitioner diploma from Conestoga College. She is also a member in good standing of the Career Professionals of Canada.
Stephanie has worked in employment services for more than 6 years, during which time she has supported clients both one-on-one and in group facilitation settings. She has extensive knowledge of the labour market and has helped clients from diverse backgrounds find employment; this has included newcomers, internationally trained workers, youth, new graduates, persons with disabilities, and experienced professionals in a multitude of occupations.
Her passion for providing a personalized experience and ability to cultivate positive relationships has resulted in satisfied clients who have the confidence and tools needed to succeed.