Pat Parisi M.Ed.
Career Counsellor & Life Coach
I'm a Proactive, Resourceful & Creative Career Coach.
I will help you achieve clarity & success with your career goals while remaining completely aligned with your own personal values and aspirations.
Read through my bio to understand more about how my background and experience can help you move forward, faster!"
**New Q&A Interview Video with Pat Parisi**
Get to Know Pat by Watching this Informative Interview.
Hear Powerful Answers to the Following Questions:
- what kind of clients & challenges do you love to work with at Careers by Design? (0:12)
- how do you help clients make successful transitions? (2:32)
- what made you want to be a career counsellor? (3:03)
- how does your professional background inform the coaching work you do now? (3:54)
- how long have you been coaching? (4:40)
- what was your biggest career challenge and how did you overcome it? (5:25)
- what makes the Careers by Design approach so powerful and effective? (7:00)
- what surprises clients the most about the career coaching process? (7:30)
- what are some myths that people bring that you need to dispel? (8:00)
- what did you want to be when you were a kid? (8:30)
How My Experience Can Help You
- 20+ years of combined counselling experience with many hundreds of clients
- 13+ years in career counselling & coaching
- 15+ years of experience as a pyschotherapist
- 10 years experience in HR & labour relations
- Professional expertise + Heart-felt care
Pat is an experienced Career Counsellor and Life Coach who has supported 100s of people to thrive in their careers and live meaningful lives. She helps people to find deeper satisfaction and happiness in their career and life choices -- and live their dreams.
Just like many of our clients, Pat has transitioned through many careers successfully. The assets that Pat brings to her work as a career counsellor include 15 years of experience as a psychotherapist and more than a decade of professional experience in Human Resources.
Her experience in career counseling includes more than 13 years of career counselling with clients of all ages and career stages. In addition to this, she has worked in career services at the post secondary level teaching job readiness and organizing job placements. Pat has also been self-employed for over 20 years.
At the heart of Pat’s ability to work with people is her capacity for heart-felt deep listening and a warm sense of humor. She is passionate about helping people and feels great joy and satisfaction from helping people move ahead in their lives. She has helped people who were feeling stuck and losing hope to see new options and move forward. She has worked with people in their darkest times and helped them to rebuild their future.
With her encouragement, clarity, warmth and straight-up feedback, she can help you define practical and achievable career goals and make them a reality.
Background & Education
Continual learning and development are core principles in Pat’s life and work. She is passionate about staying current and learning the most effective strategies to help her clients.
Her education includes a Masters in Education in Counselling and Adult Education from the University of Toronto, OISE. Pat’s psychotherapy training includes a four year immersion in a unique live/work/study program at a retreat center in the United States that focused on counseling, process work, personal transformation and emotional release, all of which had an embodied or body-centred focus.
Pat has also earned a B.A. in (Sociology/Women’s Studies) from the University of Toronto. Her early artistic aspirations took her to the Ontario College of Art to study ceramics & glass.
She is also a member of the Ontario Association of Consultants, Counsellors, Psychometrists and Psychotherapists (OACCPP).