OUTPLACEMENT SERVICES, OUTPLACEMENT COUNSELLING &
CAREER TRANSITION SERVICES IN TORONTO
GET TORONTO'S BEST
Protect your brand and reputation by ensuring
your exiting staff make a smooth and stress-free transition.
"Hi I'm Lee Weisser,
As Director of Career Services at Careers by Design, my goal is to ensure your exiting staff make a smooth and stress-free transition."
Our coaching team specializes in stress management & resilience training so you can rest easy that your staff will be taken care of during the very uncertain and stressful time of job loss.
We also offer all other key career services like job search, interview coaching & career transition planning.
We've been in business for over 15 years and have helped thousands of individuals meet and exceed their career goals.
We have expert copywriters on staff who offer quick and professional service on marketing documents like resumes & LinkedIn profiles.
We're not like the big outplacement companies - we act quickly, we provide highly personalized 1-on-1 attention (no group coaching), we're more affordable and we adhere to the highest credentialed coaching standards.
Contact us today to find out more or get a quick quote on any of our services.
Director of Career Services
Careers by Design
Why Choose Us?
Friendly, Affordable &
With the highest Google review rankings for career coaching across Canada, we're focused and committed to customer service.
All our coaching is 100% customized to the needs of your client. This means that your exiting staff choose all the services they need and nothing more.
They will feel completely in control because they are and that feeling will help them appreciate the service you provided to them and boost your reputation.
1 on 1 Coaching with Canada's Leaders.
All our coaching is 1 on 1, confidential and highly personalized, either in-person or virtual through Zoom video-conferencing.
This allows us to serve your exiting staff no matter where they're located and at more affordable rates.
Also, your exiting staff will appreciate having trained career counsellors (with a speciality in stress management) speak with them during this highly stressful time of transition.
Easy to Understand Services.
Our service offering is simple. We offer packages of 1-on-1 coaching sessions with our career, leadership or executive coaches.
We also offer expert copywriting and personal branding packages with our experienced copywriters.
We can offer one or a combination of both of these services for your exiting staff.
We're proud to have over 180+ 5-star Google Reviews -
the highest of any career services company in Canada.
Chief Operating Officer
"This boosted my confidence! I highly recommend Careers by Design to anyone who wants to start feeling better now and have a career that really fits who they are."
Strategic Legal Advisor
"My career experience is diverse and I was struggling with how to present myself in a way that would best highlight my skills, achievements, and experience.After speaking with me, and taking the time to understand my career path, Nicole provided me with a resume, and updated LinkedIn profile that better captured my brand. With these new materials developed by Nicole, I was more confident as I moved into a new phase of my career."
"I came to Careers by Design specifically for a writer to assist with my resume as part of my job search. Through that process, I realized I wanted to get a third party to give me objective feedback on how I showed up in an interview.Careers by Design put me in touch with Jeanet, which is one of the best career moves I ever made. Jeanet gets it. Jeanet's mock interview's helped me master answering questions that I previously was not confident in my responses.Jeanet's incredible expertise in career strategy and as a life coach was very beneficial. I know our paths will cross again in the future, and I very much look forward to it."
Our team of senior, professional career coaches and resume writers are ready to serve your company's needs.
Get Our Brochure (PDF)
Click the link below to open the file in a new tab.
Some of Our Happy Clients
We've worked with many Fortune 500 companies across US & Canada.
Our Toronto Offices
Our Toronto in-person locations serve clients across all areas of the Greater Toronto Area,
including Downtown Toronto, North York, East York, Scarborough & Etobicoke.
Address: 65 Lillian St, Toronto, Ontario M4S 0A1
Address: 1200 Bay St, Suite#202 Toronto, Ontario M4W 1J2
WHAT ARE OUTPLACEMENT SERVICES?
Redundancy is an inevitable part of doing business in today’s volatile economy.
Outplacement services play a vital role in lessening the blow felt by both parties when it’s time to part company.
Outplacement agencies help laid off employees better acquaint themselves with the job market. They can also assist anyone exiting make a smooth transition to a new career.
These career management services are generally paid for by the employer. Along with severance pay and the usual benefits, outplacement is an increasingly common component of modern severance packages.
Outplacement services are beneficial not only to employees leaving the company but also to the organization itself.
Benefits to the Employee
There are many areas in which career transition services are useful for laid off employees.
Here are some of the main ways the best outplacement agencies work with employees:
- Give general career guidance
- Enhance job search skills
- Hone interview techniques
- Help with resume writing
- Assist with network development
Benefits to the Employer
It’s not just the outgoing employee that can reap the rewards of an outplacement service.
Organizations can expect to experience:
- A well maintained brand and a reputation for caring
- Better morale among existing employees
- Reduction in workplace stress
- Increased productivity
- Minimized liability for compensation payments
With sessions lasting anywhere from a few months to a year or more, career transition services ensure everyone can make a smooth shift with the minimum of disruption.
WHY CHOOSE OUR OUTPLACEMENT SERVICES & CAREER TRANSITION SERVICES?
There are many sound reasons to choose our outplacement and career transition services.
We’ve been a leader in the career development space for over a decade.
Before we outline why you should choose Careers by Design, it’s worth mentioning our unique selling point.
Our core purpose is to help Connect Head & Heart.
We want your employees to Feel Better, Do Better & Get What They Want, Faster.
We’d like your organization to benefit, too.
So, what are our strengths, and how can that help you and your exiting employees?
- Experience: We’ve been in outplacement for over 14 years now and bring all that experience to bear on your organization. Our positive and holistic approach can bring about enduring change. It’s the opposite of a quick fix.
- Highly Qualified Coaching Team: Our team of carefully chosen and fully qualified career coaches are a breath of fresh air in a largely unregulated industry. Each of our practitioners is hand-picked and has dealt with hundreds of satisfied clients.
- Career Transition Services With a Twist: The majority of outplacement services deal with nothing more than general counseling, generic resume advice and a bit of brushing up on job skills. We tackle all of these areas in depth, and with extreme efficiency. We also do far, far more. Resilience training is personalized and we focus on stress management and productivity as well as emotional support. Put simply, we offer an overall package unrivalled by our competitors.
- Evidence-Based Approach: The resilience training we provide is underpinned by HeartMath methodology. HeartMath tools are used by top-tier companies worldwide seeking to reduce stress and make the workplace more productive. All our assessment tools have a proven track record. Not only do we champion industry best practice, we also innovatively employ what works in related fields.
- Limit Your Exposure and Maintain Your Brand Name: By using our outplacement services, you can fully protect your brand while also mitigating any risk from lawsuits or generally disgruntled laid off employees.
- Save Money: Last but by no means least, our small boutique agency can help save you money. At a time when you’re making redundancies, this is more important than ever. With our responsive and agile team at the helm, you get the advantage of specialists in the field without paying for the overheads of a bloated organization.