People have all kinds of answers to this question, but one common answer that I hear all the time is that they are too old for someone to hire them.
And I get it. It can be challenging for a mature worker to start over in a new position. But it is becoming increasingly more common for employers to hire workers over the age of 50. And the statistics prove it!
Twenty years ago, less than a third of those aged 55 and over were employed or looking for work. But today that number has increased by 10%.
As our country increasingly faces a skills gap, employers are looking to tap into new labour pools – and that includes mature workers – who employers value for their experience and loyalty.
There is a famous quote that says “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” And that quote has never been truer than it is today.
If it’s been awhile since you been on a job search, you might not know where to start. But don’t let that stop you.
You might need a little coaching – but your next career could be just around the corner.To your success,
Relevant Articles for Fifty-Something Job Seekers:
– Zoomer with Lee Weisser
No Luck Getting Interviews?
Get Your Resume Noticed
With Harvard-trained Resume Writer, Nadia
• One-on-one expert help from Nadia.
– 100% focused on drawing out your successes and accomplishments.
• Fast 3 business day turnaround
• 100% satisfaction guarantee
• Revitalize your personal brand, get noticed and get results Get My Resume Noticed Ready to Get Unstuck? It’s Time For Your Turning Point.
• One-on-one expert career counselling.
• We’ll listen to your concerns & create a strategy, together.
• It’s not just a conversation – you’ll take home your very own Personalized Report with your coach’s recommendations.
• Available online via Video Skype or Zoom anywhere you are or in-person at our offices in Toronto, North York, Mississauga and Kitchener – Waterloo. Learn More
Want More Happy Mondays? We’re here to help!
Shirin, Lee, Pat, Eileen, Nadia & Roya – your Careers by Design team.
Hi! I'm Shirin and I founded Careers by Design over ten years ago and have spent many more years helping people to get “More Happy Mondays.” I’m a caring Career Counsellor and ICF Certified Professional Coach. I specialize in assisting clients to choose a career direction, resolve career-related issues and increase feelings of happiness in life and work. Let's create More Happy Mondays! Find out more at Careers by Design.